Looking for some fun fall family activities? I really love fall in Texas- mainly because it’s only 90 degrees instead of the usual 100, lol! But I really do enjoy the changing autumn leaves and eventual sweater weather.
If you’re planning a fall bucket list for your family, or just want to come up with some new fall traditions, here are some great ideas to choose from!
Disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links. That means if you click & buy or sign up for a service through my link, I will receive a small compensation at no additional cost to you.
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. See my Disclosure page for details.
Plan Your Options Ahead Of Time
It’s really helpful to have a list of ideas at the ready. Especially for those days when your plans are thrown off by the weather or a schedule change is needed for whatever reason.
If the kids are bored, this is an easy thing to pull out and tell them to find something on the list they can do with what you have at the house, or ask them to plan the next couple of weeks out with a few of the activities.
They could also make their own personal fall bucket list of things that are important to them.
Download the free printable with 75 fun fall family activities- the first 25 are listed below!
25 of 75 Fall Family Fun Ideas
1. Make soup, stew, or chili & enjoy a “fall” meal together.
2. Have a Halloween movie marathon!
3. Do Halloween or Thanksgiving Mad Libs.
4. Have an outdoor fall scavenger hunt.
5. Bake an apple or pumpkin flavored item.
6. Go tailgating at a football game or at home.
7. Go on a hay ride.
8. Make a decorative craft with fall leaves, acorns, pine cones, or anything else found in nature.
9. Make a Halloween charcuterie board.
10. Take a drive to look at the beautiful fall foliage.
11. Jump in leaf piles & then use them to fill up these cute pumpkin trash bags & decorate your yard!
12. Visit a pumpkin patch!
13. Decorate your porch and house for fall (& then Halloween or Thanksgiving if you like)!
You Might Also Like: Thanksgiving Day Activities for Kids [FREE PRINTABLES!]
14. Visit your local or state fair.
15. Go to a farmer’s market & enjoy the food!
16. Complete a jigsaw puzzle together. So many neat ones to pick from here.
17. Do volunteer work- don’t forget your local animal shelters can also use assistance!
18. Have a bonfire or set up an outdoor firepit & roast marshmallows.
19. Start a gratitude journal.
20. Keep a journal of family activities.
21. Make a thankful tree or gratitude chain.
22. Drink/make hot apple cider.
23. Visit a local farm to pick fruit.
24. Make a new fall wreath for your door (or anywhere in your house, or to give as a gift!).
25. Play charades (especially fun by a fire or around the outdoor firepit). How to play charades.
For more ideas, sign up below for a FREE download of the complete list of fun Fall Family Activities!
By signing up, you’ll also get our updates and the monthly FREE PRINTABLES I send out in our newsletter!
What are some of your family’s favorite activities to do during the fall? What’s on your fall bucket list?